Tuesday, March 6, 2007

When enough is enough

I'm afraid that I am one of those individuals that have not found what they would like to do for the rest of their lives. I am "mentally" torn about my current job. I currently work for a small company. Unlike some of the other positions, my job is a good "9 to 5" Monday - Friday type of job. Very rarely do I need to stay late for anything.. and if I did, it's because I wasn't efficient with my time earlier in the day.

Needless to say, I constantly find myself wishing that I wasn't here. I'm not naive to think there is a perfect job out there for me. I feel kind of foolish in my daydreams. My job is not stressful and I make ok money. I am able to pay my bills (for the most part / most of the time). It's a good job. I'm just not satisfied. Now, I am finding that I am not putting my whole self into my job. Will I ever be? I simply do not know.

So you may ask yourself, "Why is she still here?" For the same characteristics that I listed above... non-stress... predictable schedule...

When enough is enough? How do I get past this funk? Part of me believes that I should stop whining and be happy. I certainly can put more an effort into my job. The other part of me is wanting to look elsewhere... another job that keeps me intrigued not to mention for more money.

I guess a time will come where both parts of me will be on the same page about my job. We shall see...

No comments: