Monday, February 7, 2011

I think I am in trouble…

...when the Little One hits her teenage years.


Lately, I have been finding it difficult to keep frustration / anger in check when it comes with the Little One. Trust me! I know that I’ve been absolutely blessed with a wonderful daughter. It still amazes me that The Hubby and I created such a great child!

As all two year olds (soon to be 3 year olds) tend to do, she has really been testing our/her limits. In my head, I understand this. I do! However, at certain moments, I tend to ignore this intellectually…. It is as if I turned a were-mom for a brief moment… and question why the Little One is just not getting it!?!?! After all, she is such a brilliant child, right? (insert some grumbling … perhaps minor cursing… and minor hand shaking in the air)

Of course, I do catch myself… and take a mental step back before I go ape-shit crazy. After all, I don’t want my daughter (or any future children) to grow up in an abusive house. (So, please go ahead and put the phone down before you call child services. Thank you!)

I’m just not sure what I am going to do when the Little One is going on 13 rather than 3!

No comments: