Monday, July 6, 2009

Catching up...

Weight-loss Journey
You may remember a while back. I had set a 5 lb weight loss goal after meeting my 10% goal with Weight Watchers. It’s amazing the tug-a-war that one goes through with wanting to lose weight and wanting to eat a piece of rum cake, for example. Needless to say, despite my food demons, I was able to hit that 5 lb weight loss a couple of weeks ago. It’s a good thing too! I’ve a bridesmaid dress that I need to squeeze into! I’ve been too busy basking in my pre-pregnancy wardrobe glory to write a blog entry about the accomplishment. Please forgive me! It took way longer than I like. Overall, I still have another 25 lbs that I want to get rid of. However, that still seems a bit much for me to keep my focus on. So, in efforts to keeping it more manageable… I set another 5 lb weight loss goal for myself. Here’s to the next 5!

4th of July renewed
As the years went on, the holiday seemed to just become another ol’ day in my life... just good excuse for a 3 day weekend. Mother Nature decided to let off on the rain and brought us a gorgeous weather weekend. The Hubby, Little One, and I enjoyed a small BBQ with friends before heading out to the Single A baseball game. Nothing like a good ol’ baseball game on the 4th to brighten one’s patriotic spirit. Unfortunately, our home team lost in the 10th inning but that didn’t seem to damper the good times. After the game, we were treated to fireworks. That’s what did it for me. Watching the Little One enjoying the fireworks… it was just simply amazing. It still brings a smile to my face. It made me start reminiscing about watching fireworks in the past as a kid. I can’t wait to experience future 4th of Julys with the Little One.

Hobbies
I appear to have a bit of a split personality lately with my hobbies. It seems that I am trying to stuff as many activities during my very limited time for such self indulgences. I’m still working on the cross stitching that I posted a while ago…. I am currently reading “Fool” by Christopher Moore… and I’ve been playing “The Sims 3” on the computer. Oh! And The Hubby and I are watching the past seasons of “Burn Notice” too. So much stuff… so little time.

Money woes
We are still trudging a long as The Hubby wades through the swamp of unemployment.
It’s looking brighter though since he has had some pretty good interviews lately. Hopefully, this whole mess will soon be behind us. In the meantime, it appears that we are both mentally making “lists” of what to do when we have extra money again. It ranges from having the ability to order food delivery to getting a hair cut by a professional to various trips such as Vegas, Italy, etc. . Don’t worry! We are not forgetting the harsh lessons that we have learned. We are going to be smarter about things for the future and hopefully will not be caught off guard again!

No comments: