Friday, July 17, 2009

A morning for the books…

Normally, The Little One is stubborn about at least one thing each morning… whether it is that she doesn’t want to wake up, drink her milk, or be dropped off at daycare. This morning, she was very cooperative and happy. She woke up and started playing “peek-a-boo” with me by hiding her face behind the crib railing. She drank all of her milk and ate her grapes. There was even no whining about getting into the car seat. And the mother of all tests? She didn’t cry when The Hubby and I dropped her off at daycare and left the room. Today is definitely going to be a good day.

Pass the keys please!

It’s been a little over two weeks since The Hubby and I downsized to one vehicle. It certainly has been interesting. We’ve had two vehicles for at least a decade if not more. Now, we are currently sharing a 97 Mercury Tracer. This car has been enjoying a pretty long and happy life in my hands. *knocks on wood* Hopefully, it will be able to survive the dual drivers. I’m sure that he will agree with me… but The Hubby is not gentle with his vehicles. In all honesty, I hope we survive this “test” too. We are vastly different drivers and we are both “back seat” drivers. It certainly makes for interesting car rides!

North Myrtle Beach, Here we come!

During the last weekend of August, a few of us are venturing off to North Myrtle Beach for a relaxing, All Girls / Bachelorette weekend. Can’t wait! I can taste the frozen daiquiris now as I daydream of lying out on the beach. Don’t worry, North Myrtle Beach, I’m sure that we will try to be somewhat gentle with you. I’m sure that the leftover carnage will heal itself once we leave.

No comments: