Monday, July 19, 2010

And it's Monday once again...

I made it! And, I think without much damage ... both mentally and physically. :) I just have a little sunburn on my upper back. That's not too shabby!

A group of wonderful fun-loving women descended upon my house this past Saturday to celebrate the pending nuptials to our good friend, "Cinnamon". Games! Food! Great stories! We couldn't have asked for better weather as we celebrated on the backyard deck!

We only had one casualty... a beautiful pair of hot pink shoes were damaged in the line of fire. We will always remember the sacrifice that those shoes made for the Bride-to-Be. (I also think the store will also hear about the sacrifice since they were only 2 days old.)

I think everyone had to loosen up their waistline a bit for the delicious food. (I'm sorry that there is a lack of pictures. My camera is dying a slow and painful death.) I know that we are certainly enjoying the leftovers.

I can definitely tell you that the Rum Cake and the Italian Creme cake were a big hit. I highly recommend that you make them for your next gathering. You can not go wrong!

Here are the links to the appropriate websites:

Rum Cake - http://icuban.com/food/cake_ron.html

Italian Creme Cake - http://thepioneerwoman.com/cooking/2009/07/billies-italian-cream-cake-recipe/


Needless to say, I had a wonderful time... and I believe that Cinnamon did as well.... it was well worth the work and the anxiety/stress that was involved. It was also wonderful to have the opportunity to finally put the "faces" with the names from hearing stories I've heard over the years from Cinnamon. I am very much looking forward to the big day!

Now bring on the bachelorette party!

No comments: