Friday, August 6, 2010

More Friday Randomness

Prayers to the God of Cars

This has been a rough week in my life … and my wallet. Our car (our only car) is starting to come to the point in its life that repairs are becoming more and more expensive. It is generally the point that the owner should look into buy a new car before dumping too much money into the old one. Alas, that’s not going to happen… hopefully our car will be a good car for a bit longer for we need more time to get things in line before a new car joins our family. Here’s to hoping and praying!

Musicals/Shows

I’ve been lucky to have seen several musicals / shows in my lifetime. Due to several factors, I haven’t been able to go to a show recently. One of the shows that I’ve had the privilege of seeing was Miss Saigon. I was lucky to see this back when I was in college on a school trip. I love this musical! I can easily say that it is one of my top shows I’ve seen. Why am I bringing this up? I’ve been hearing commercials that this show is coming to a locate theatre this month. To all my local readers, go see this! I am positive that you will like it too!

Turning a new leaf

Recently at work, my job duties turned the corner by entering into the new fiscal year. With that transition, I’ve been taking up this opportunity to streamline some stuff as well as general clean up on my desk. It seems to be carrying over to my life outside of work. I’m getting back on track with what I eat and soon exercising. We are working on getting our finances back under control by taking dramatic steps in getting rid of this debt once and for all. I think I feel more of a renewal with August starting than I did back in January with the actual calendar New Year.

Wedding stuff

It’s hard to believe that in less than 2 months, I will be helping/witnessing one of my good friends to walk down the aisle. I am getting so excited to see this special day! Yet, there is so much to do! This weekend, Little One and I are going to our first alterations appointment. Now that the dresses are here (and Little One’s getting made), I need to start shopping for shoes for the two of us! That is going to be a challenge! Also, with the bridal shower out of the way, we are currently working on the bachelorette party. I think it will do a world of good to have one small trip away with the girls to relax and have fun.

Late Summer / Early Fall Schedule

The Hubby and I realize last night that we are going to be extremely busy over the next 2 months. These months are filled with a multiple events that we are both very much looking forward to. We get to see a lot of long distance friends and family throughout our packed schedule. Can’t wait! I just hope that we are able to arrange our money and other resources so that we can accomplish it all.

No comments: