Thursday, September 8, 2011

Ramblings...

Meddz

I am extremely annoyed with their “Pick up the phone” song. Honestly, it sounds like an extended version of a personalized phone ring. I can’t believe that this song is being played on the radio. I also can’t imagine anyone rocking away and shouting “This is my jam!”.

Pool Ownership

Having a pool is not all that it’s cracked up to be. Yes, of course, I like having it to help cool off during those hot summer days. I also enjoy the social aspect of friends and family popping by the house to take a dip in the pool. However, the work and the amount of money that goes into a pool… it’s just too much sometimes. I’ve found myself a few times (especially recently) wondering if it is even worth having it. I keep telling me that the Little One will enjoy it tremendously with her friends as she gets older. I fondly remember going to a nearby pool with my BFF when I was growing up. We didn’t have a pool of our own and I grew up all right (for the most part). The pool is going to be closed down for the winter season soon. Perhaps I will have a better attitude about it come spring time.

First week

I just completed my first week of being “on track” with eating healthy. I definitely liked the result when I hopped onto the scale. My work pants are feeling a little more comfortable too. I am feeling pretty good about my resolve and will power as I head into week 2.

Britney Spears & VMAs

I missed the VMAs when they were first broadcasted. I simply forgot that it was on. I was generally okay with that until I started hearing about the great performances. So, The Hubby arranged it so we could watch it. Generally, I was entertained. I was working on a crochet project so I wasn’t completely bored watching it either. It basically had my attention whenever the performances came on. So, I didn’t miss that they didn’t have a Host / Hostess. The house band was a bit annoying but luckily it was cut short since they were only showed before / after commercials. There is one particular that that kind of annoyed me. I am happy that Britney Spears was honored with the Michael Jackson Vanguard award. They made a decent tribute to her with the special dance routine. However, I am extremely disappointed that she literally only got to say “Thank you” and then started announcing for Beyonce’s performance. That’s all! Heck, we had longer speeches during the regular Moon Man winners. This Vanguard award is supposed to be a big deal on the VMAs and that was all she got to say. For Shame!

No comments: