Thursday, May 7, 2009

Little bit about me...

Lately, I’ve been trying to find the old me. It is so darn easy to lose oneself with the stuff that needs to be done with a small child and full time job. I am finding myself with more available time now that The Hubby is home. I am hopping on the treadmill (or walking around the neighborhood) almost every day to help the weight loss. (No, I still haven’t hit that next 5 lb mark that I mentioned in a previous post. Hopefully, I will get there soon.) I am running out of my prepaid WW coupons. I am a bit anxious with the thought that I won’t be going to WW meetings. The meetings really do help if I do find them a bit cheesy or boring at times. They help reset the “week” for me. However, I can’t really seem to be able to justify the money spent on the weekly fee while there are more important bills to pay. I am really hoping that our new health insurance has an option for preventive health steps such as Weight Watchers.

Anyways… back to the topic on hand… Last night, I dug out a cross stitch project that The Hubby bought me ages ago. I haven’t worked on any type of crafts in a long, long time so I’m a bit rusty. Here is a picture of the finished product (minus the frame):



I’m not sure what I am going to do with it once I am done with the project… perhaps give it away as a gift? Or sell it? Will have to ponder that.

The one part, I am having trouble with is keeping the “Inner Nag” on a leash. With everything is going on, I am really trying not to compound it by letting it loose. However, lately, it has been lashing out unexpectedly… mostly when the stress of our financials over runs my thoughts. I just hope that The Hubby realizes that I really am trying. I know that he is not the best of moods lately as anyone who is job searching in today’s market.

No comments: