Monday, April 20, 2009

Weekend of Seclusion

This past weekend was the first weekend in a long time that it was just the three of us the whole time. Looking back in hindsight, I think I subconsciously made sure that it was. I turned down a friend’s dinner invite… didn’t call back another friend’s phone call.

The only time that any one of us left the house was on Saturday when The Hubby went grocery shopping. I stayed home and watched Little One. I think we needed it. Correction… I know that I needed it. We don’t know what life is going to throw our way in the coming days, weeks… hell… months. This seems like it was the last weekend before things become reality.

I know that The Hubby doesn’t technically lose his job until the end of the month. However, I think this coming weekend is going to be when “what ifs” are going to start crashing in hard and becoming more of a reality.

This past weekend was like our last one of our former life.

No comments: