Thursday, November 11, 2010

Keeping in touch

I am positively terrible with keeping in touch with my friends and family. It is not done intentionally. However, it seems that life just passes by way too quickly. I will remember in the morning that I need to call this person, this person, and that person for I haven’t talked to them in a long time… then as the day goes on, I forget about it until it is too late at night to do it. So, I make a mental note to do it the next day … and then the cycle repeats itself over and over until weeks have gone by. It is not something that I am proud of.
To try to make myself feel better, I go into the self defeating attitude that they could also reach out and contact me just as easily as I could and they don’t. This is absolutely horrible train of thought and I usually do a mental slap on myself.

So, along with getting myself back on the weight loss track (not doing too bad) and off the snooze button habit (not going so well), I would like to make an improvement in this area as well.

I am not quite sure how to do so … without making an impersonal checklist. I really don’t want to do that for it will seem more like a chore than something that I would like to do. Make sense?

How do you remember to keep in touch? Do you have some tips and tricks?



(And for those that haven’t heard from me in a while… I’m sorry!)

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I got called out on this yesterday as part of being a bad friend...One way I do it is to actually write letters or send emails, it can be done at night or in the 10 min you think about it.

Otherwise, I def employ the list, put it right on your To-Do list. I have my list in sections and it goes in the same part as "Do Nails" but then again, my To-Do list is actually more of a reminder list than chores.

If you do come up with something, do let me know!