Thursday, January 13, 2011

Reminiscing musically

During the work day, I listen to the radio to help the day move forward. Lately, I’ve been listening to 105.7 The Crush for it just recently changed formats to “90’s and more”.

Bonus? It is commercial free until “Super Sunday” which I assume is Superbowl Sunday. *shrugs* I never realized that the date of the Superbowl is called “Super Sunday”. I guess I am a little behind in the times. And, I think I am okay with that. The Hubby says that it is commercial free because they have no paid advertisements yet. I’m okay with that too. Commercials are annoying. Anyways, I digress…

The music is basically covers my life from last two years of high school through college through first few years as an “adult”. So, you can imagine that there have been a lot of memories that have been popping up as I listen to the music.

Overall, I’ve been enjoying the ride. The memories have been delightful (for the most part) reality breaks during the work day. For instance, I got to hear our wedding song play the other day. It was a pleasant surprise and definitely put a smile on my face.

I’m not sure if I am going to continue to listen to the radio station through at work after “Super Sunday” though. The music is great … but I think the reason it has been great is because I haven’t heard a lot of these songs in a long time. And, although I am enjoying the memories… I’m sure they will lose their “specialness” if I listen to this music all the time.

In the meantime… I will just rock my head back and forth as I listen to “Enter Sandman” by Metallica.

No comments: