Thursday, January 6, 2011

Year of small changes

Normally, I am not one to be successful with New Year’s resolutions. From what I’ve read, I am not the only one. In fact, some might say that you already have doomed the change by calling it a resolution. *shrugs* Perhaps that is true…

There are some things that I would like to accomplish this year. However, I am not making them resolutions… just merely goals.

 
My personal yearly goals? 
  • Get down to my goal weight
  • Learn how to knit
  • Read the whole Robert Jordan’s Wheel of Time series (currently 13 books).

I also decided to do something a bit different for 2011. I am making it the year of small changes. I plan to make small adjustments/changes to help make my life more satisfying and/or easier.
 
To start it off, I decided that I am wasting so much time on the games on Facebook. I’ve been annoyed with the ones I’ve been playing for a while. I didn’t like how I had to basically hound my friends and family to play in order to move ahead in the game. However, I still found myself logging in most everyday to take care of something on the games. I also found that because of this daily Facebook time… I wasn’t making time to do the other stuff that I love to do such as reading or crafts. So, as my first change in 2011, I blocked/removed the games I was playing on Facebook. I really don’t miss playing them. I guess that tells me that I should have done this some time ago. I also noticed that I don’t get nearly as many junk emails… although; it also means that I am not as active on Facebook. I will need to work a little harder in keeping in touch with peeps and what is going on in their lives. 
 
What about you? Do you have something that you would like to change for yourself this week/this month/this year?

 

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Oh there's so much I want to do this year...I know it's not realistic though so I'm trying to narrow it down.

I want to read more books than last year.
I want to get to a more manageable weight and continue eating better.
I want to take a class of some sort.
I want to be better at keeping in touch with people.
I want to have more focus at work.
I want to be a better person.
I want to save more money and continue improving my credit score.
Oh the list goes on and on!