Friday, March 13, 2009

Spring Fever ( or raging hormones) ?

I really never considered myself to be the type of person that gets into Spring Fever. Don’t get me wrong. Winter is definitely my least favorite of the four seasons. Let’s face it though, I live in New York. Winter is coming whether I want it or not. So, I just normally take the winter hits as they come in stride.

However, this year is different. I am finding myself overly excited (to much of The Hubby’s dismay) about this weekend. So much so, that I was quite upset when I fell and injured my right knee this past Tuesday. I’ve been trying to “baby” my knee so that it will get better faster. I seriously can’t wait to get out there and enjoy the sunshine and mild temperatures (50’s) tomorrow during the St. Patty’s Day parade. I also can’t wait to see Little One’s reaction to the parade (her first one) and her surroundings. I’ve already got it in my head how to plan for the day to make it the optimal time for all of us (such as organizing nap times, etc.). I am also finding myself daydreaming about taking Little One to the playground for the first time on Sunday since the weather is suppose to continue to be nice. And... how I am going to convince The Hubby to come with us. Craziness, right?

I don’t know… perhaps my hormones are out of whack. I literally got misty eye this morning when I was reading a page in the American Baby magazine that was dedicated to soldiers who are currently deployed so that they miss the birth and/or first year of their baby’s life. I’m not a cold-hearted bitch. I think those that know me would also agree with that statement. However, I would not normally be affected so much by reading such a page especially while I am just reading the magazine and eating my breakfast before heading off to work.

I guess it is anyone's guess. Needless to say, I am going to do my best to make the most of this crazy Spring Fever feeling that I am experiencing. Hopefully, also get some great family moment memories in the meantime.

No comments: