Monday, March 2, 2009

Weekend Update...

Unlike the norm, I had a rather busy weekend this past weekend. However, overall, I can definitely say that it was a great time.

Hockey games

Every year, a group of us that attended the same college gather to cheer on our hockey team when they come in the area to play the local (but highly rival) college teams. This year was no different. The Hubby and I bundled up Little One to take her to her first college hockey game this past Friday night. (I’ve determined that last year doesn’t count since she was still inside me.) Unfortunately, Little One was not her usual happy go lucky self. I must say that she is definitely a “Two Nap” baby. Daycare must have been hopping on Friday because she only had one (very short) nap. Needless to say, by the end of the game, she was something of the Exorcist. Despite battling her tiredness, The Hubby and I were able to enjoy the game as our team won (4-2 for those that care).

Needless to say, we made sure Little One took two naps on Saturday. There was no way we were going to deal with the monster version for the second game if we could help it. Our efforts paid off!! She was a doll throughout the whole game. Now, if only we made sure our team took two naps for they lost (2-1). It was a good game though so I am not too disappointed. Also, this may mean that our hockey team will be returning this coming weekend for round 1 of the playoffs.


It's amazing to watch Little One meet each one of the childhood milestones. However, it has sent The Hubby and I into a mild hurricane to get the house ready for her. This past weekend, we ziptied plexigass to our stairway bannister so Little One couldn't slip through and fall down the basement stairs. I must say that it looks great! It is very sturdy and you can hardly see that there is something even there. It was relatively easy to do which is a good thing for neither of us are pretty handy. I highly recommend doing this if you find yourself in the same scenario.

Dress shopping

As you know from an earlier post, I am an upcoming wedding this fall. On Sunday, the bride and I went dress shopping for a bridal gown. No, we didn't set up an appointment ahead of time. We figured that we would just go in, look around, and have her try on few dresses. We didn't think it would be too busy since it was Sunday. Boy were we wrong! The place was a MAD HOUSE! It was pure craziness! When we first arrived, the bride had to sign up in order to even get a changing room. We immediately saw a beautiful gown on a mannequin. After a few minutes admiring the gown, my bladder decided now was the time to annoy me. I basically had to follow this crazy maze to get to the restrooms. It would have been difficult to find the restroom even in an empty store. Now, imagine wading through this maze while dodging dozens of brides trying on gown after gown with their support people looking on... oh and don't forget the sales clerks flying around like gnats. Next time, I know to make sure to go to the bathroom before heading into the store. My goodness! Luckily, I was able to make it back to the bride with an empty bladder without a scratch on me. Phew!

Obviously, we had to wait a while before we could get a changing room. So, we just delved into the racks and writing down style #'s. I must admit that it didn't take too long to get a room (and a sales clerk of our own). The bride tried on 4 out of the 8 dresses that we found. The one that she loved the most? It was the very first dress we saw. That's right.. the one on the mannequin. It was beautiful on her. While she was looking at herself in the mirror... our sales clerk was hounded by other people about the dress for they wanted to try it on. It has been some time but I don't remember myself being that crazy when I was trying on bridal gowns. We left the store feeling pretty good... and not an single injury to report. Now, I am going to make damn sure that I set up an appointment ahead of time before I head back into that same store for the bridesmaid gown. Lesson learned.

Class Ring

The Hubby was going through some of his stuff from downstairs. Know what he found? My high school class ring! Wow! Didn't that bring back memories! I was even able to wear it. I wonder if class rings will be the "in" thing to do when Little One gets to that age.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

You did have a busy weekend! It was so much fun to go to the game with you guys and watch the Little One take it all in...Ok, and check out Prusak's ass too!