Friday, April 1, 2011

The 30 Days Project: Day 1

Day 01- A recent picture of you and 15 interesting facts about yourself




** This picture is of me this morning when I realize that the snow forecast wasn't an elaborate April Fool's joke.

1. I enjoy reading books… mostly in the fantasy / sci-fi genre. I’m currently trying to tackle “The Wheel of Time” series by Robert Jordan. I am currently on book 7 out of the 13.
2. I have a BS in Mathematics.
3. I love working on crafts… such crocheting and cross-stitching. I hope to re-learn how to knit this year.
4. Outside going on two Caribbean cruises, I’ve visited four countries: Israel, Russia, Ireland, and Canada.
5. I once took the Greyhound bus from Watertown, NY to Seattle, WA. (Side note: I will never do that again if I can help it.)
6. My first car was a beat-up navy blue Dodge Aries named “Betsy”. Betsy was a gift from my mom & step-father that cost $300. The car lasted me from sophomore year of college to after graduation.
7. I almost didn’t make it college. The financial aid package was not enough and I didn’t find out until the week prior to my supposed arrival date. So, on day of when the freshmen were to report, I made a trip to said college and met with the financial aid peeps. They helped me renegotiate my financial aid package so that I could go to college after all without much help from my parents.
8. I used to play and help run a MUD (multi-user dungeon – computer based game). I would like to dedicate my fast typing speed skill to that. There is nothing like yelling at a player in real time via text about a game component.
9. I do like to play computer games. However, my current PC is a very outdated piece of machinery. I haven’t had the funds or the time to upgrade since having the Little One. I do miss playing.
10. My all time favorite movie: The Princess Bride. I remember the first time watching it with a friend of mine in Fulton, NY. (Side note: You could smell the scent of chocolate in the air due to the Nestle factory in town. This was awesome for the first day or two of the trip… not so good by the end of the trip.)
11. I helped found a co-ed social society during college. It is still carrying on to this day and every year we make a trip to our alma mater to celebrate its conception.
12. I am the oldest of me and my siblings. Yet, I am the shortest.
13. I’m an office supplies junkie…. Unique pens, post-its, binder clips? Yes please!
14. Fall is my favorite season of the year. It is for this reason that I love to live in the northeast region of the USA.... and it is well worth dealing with all the winter blues to stay here.
15. I never actually learned how to swim… despite owning a pool.

It was a lot harder to come up with 15 "interesting" facts about myself than I had originally thought. Good thing that the "interesting" is defined by the author and not the reader in this scenario. ;)

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Love it!!! I hope the "storm" has been more to your liking than they predicted.