Monday, April 4, 2011

The 30 Days Project: Day 4

What is "The 30 Days Project"? You might want to read this brief posting first. 
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Day 04- A habit that you wish you didn't have

I was going to put down procrastination… however, I think I would be more accurate if I put down laziness. It is because of this inherent lazy habit of mine that I fall victim to distraction, procrastination and the dreaded snooze button.

It is too easy to just get the bare minimum done each day … whether it is chores at home or what tasks I’ve to accomplish at work. Sometimes, I don’t even realize that I have done it until it is time to reflect upon on day (a.ka. leaving work… or going to bed) and realize that I didn’t really accomplish much.

Don’t get me wrong. Once in a while, I do kick myself in the ass and keep up with stuff while it is happening… such as folding and putting away laundry when it comes out of the dryer instead of waiting a couple of days to a week later when the Little One runs out of clean underwear in her dresser. Often times, I will "trick" myself into accomplishing something by putting a “deadline” to accomplish it. Sometimes it works, that is why I am on book 8 of the Wheel of Time series… and sometimes it does not, which is why my weight keeps fluctuating.

However, it is a habit that keeps creeping back.

No comments: