Sunday, April 24, 2011

The 30 Days Project: Day 24

What is "The 30 Days Project"? You might want to read this brief posting first.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Day 24- A letter to your parents

Dear Parents,

Now that I'm adult, I recognize that things are not always sunshine and roses. I know that we have had a lot of challenges between us through the years. I can tell you that it was difficult to be one of those kids that their parents separated (and later divorced) while everyone around us had their families intact. Despite all the things we have been though and the adjusments that we had to make, I realize now that you were doing what you thought was best and what you could handle personally. I also realize that you guys couldn't stay together as a happily married couple.

It is through you that I know the life I want... the marriage that I want... and the family that I want. Thank you for that. I also hope that I've had led a life that you could be proud of and I also hope that you will continue as I live the rest of my life.

No comments: