Saturday, April 9, 2011

The 30 Days Project: Day 9

What is "The 30 Days Project"? You might want to read this brief posting first.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Day 09- Something you’re proud of in the past few days

Hmm... This took a little more reflection that I had originally thought. It seems the last few days was mostly me trying to get over this illness that I have. My head currently feels like it is filled with lead. However, I didn't just want to put down the fact that I am proud that I managed to survive life in general over the past few days. It seems a bit cheap to do so.

I definitely am proud of The Hubby and the Little One.

I'm proud of my Hubby in his efforts to continue at his current place of employment despite the fact that he despises his job. It is not easy getting up each morning and knowing that you're going to have a crappy day as you work at a job that you don't like. There is small comfort that he loves the company that he works for. If only another position would open up so he can transfer into it. He does all of this for the love of our family and the life that we worked hard in establishing.

I'm proud of my daughter and the steps that she has taken to become the person she is and the person she will be. I don't necessarily mean the improved skill sets such as being potty trained ... or recognizing letters as more than just shapes. Although I am proud of her and these accomplishments, I am also proud of her in general. I love the fact she loves books, movies, cooking and crafts just like her parents.

I know that it is very easy to get distracted / involved with the day to day tasks. I'm glad that I was forced to sit back and think on a bigger scale. It's not often that we take the time to do so.

No comments: